Thursday, June 26, 2008

By request:Twice the blood! Twice the gore!

My good friend, Chank, insists that a blog about international travel should "have a bit more sex and violence. You know 007 stuff." And so, I have added this to my list of work to do:

Mail a graduation gift.
Find another book to read on the plane.
Go to Parkway Music to look at electric guitars.
Replace the battery in the smoke detector outside my bedroom so maybe I can sleep tonight.
Work on adding more sex, violence and intrigue to my life.

I did manage to pare down my list a tiny bit more by the end of the day. As I had anticipated, the trip to Parkway Music was the highlight. They have an amazing selection of new and used guitars in a wide range of prices. Eventually, I'm sure I'll be able to find something there. Eventually. I did, however, buy a guitar stand. And some $4 martinis with Spezz at the Bankok Thai Bistro. And groceries after that.

The smoke detector debacle continued last night when, after being silent all day, the beeping began anew at 12:25 a.m. Although I had bought a replacement battery, I could not open the smoke detector in order to insert the replacement. I couldn't even see where the battery would go. Oy. I finally put kleenex in my ears and managed to sleep around 2:00.

Today, I will look for a couple of books to read on the plane. And work on the intrigue thing. I'm sure Chank will not be satisfied with references to martinis, even if they were shaken, not stirred.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

About time Chank was mentioned in the blog. That guy is great!