Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Friends, focus, food . . .

Tomorrow, Nora is heading back to Venice, two little pictures of me in hand for my transportation card. We had dinner last night with Toby and said good bye for now. Today, she spent trying to tie up loose ends, say good bye to others, return her rental car and get her new glasses. Unfortunately, the glasses aren't quite right, so she will leave without them. If all works out, I will pick them up and deliver them myself soon enough.

This afternoon, I attended the now-annual GE house retirement party and had the chance to talk to several old friends who have retired within the last few years. In particular, I spent some time talking to Chris, who had visited Nora in Venice this winter for a few days and had had a wonderful time.

The end of the school year is always hectic, and I'm a little tired tonight. I have to focus on finishing the year and then taking my little trip to Wisconsin first. It's hard, though, to temporarily ignore the big trip to Venice. Today, I realized that I have very little to eat in the house so tomorrow, I must put both trips out of my mind and focus on little things like food!

No comments: