Monday, July 7, 2008

Storms, spritz and little stripey clams

I'm finally here, after a couple fairly uneventful flights. I'm writing this quickly now because I'm working on a low battery, here at three a.m. so I will flesh out the details, at least those that are the least bit interesting, tomorrow. I'm borrowing a weak internet connection from outside. Nora's apartment has a strange combination of German and Italian outlets, as well as a plethora of adaptors. For each item, she must build several layers of adaptor upon adaptor, which we've done for my Mac. Unfortunately, we haven't achieved that final layer of finding the proper wall outlet . . . we will look in the morning for a plug that actually plugs into the wall somewhere.

The condensed version for tonight is that we walked all over for several hours, got stormed on, took shelter under awnings along the way, had a spritz (description to follow later, but it was really good), had a nice and not very expensive seafood dinner and continued walking once it cleared up again.

I'm sitting beneath an open window, and I can smell the salt water blowing through. If it weren't three in the morning, and if I weren't wide awake, I'd probably enjoy it very much!

Tomorrow, I'll work on finding an adaptor, taking and downloading pictures and fleshing out the very sexy and intriguing details of my first day (with apologies to Chank for their dearth. I may have to make stuff up, I guess.) My family is much less particular about such things, thanks goodness!

No comments: