Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sun, sand, sporchi turisti and, eventually, spritz

A cappuccino with a heart on top began my day too full of sun and activity, specifically visitng Murano, Burano and Torcello, the big lagoon islands.

Due spritz (sans olives, unfortunately), one for Nora and one for me, ended my day.
In between, we visited Murano (the glass island)
Burano, the island known for its lace, fishing and colorful houses,and Torcello, a less populated island known for its 7th century cathedral.By the end of the day I had just enough energy to take some pictures of the sun setting over the lagoon at the end of the Fondamenta Cannaregio. Tomorrow is another day to think about how to describe the lagoon islands and to wade through the hordes of pictures we both took today. With no big excursions planned, I may even be able to explain the newly-coined phrase, "to give someone the paper," and why "Lightning" and "Thunder" might be really good names for gerbils.

No comments: